IADT treatment guidelines for infraction
- An incomplete fracture (crack) of the enamel without loss of tooth structure.
- Not tender. If tenderness is observed, evaluate the tooth for a possible luxation injury or a root fracture.
- No radiographic abnormalities.
- Radiographs recommended: a periapical view. Additional radiographs are indicated if other signs or symptoms are present.
- In case of marked infractions, etching and sealing with resin to prevent discoloration of the infraction lines. Otherwise, no treatment is necessary.
- No follow-up is generally needed for infraction injuries unless they are associated with a luxation injury or other types of fracture.